There is no greater feeling of satisfaction than when you do something you love to do and people are moved by it. When I decided to write my first Tucker book, Tucker’s Way, it was because I thought it would be fun doing it. I had no idea if anyone would read it, much less enjoy it.
It’s difficult for me (a wordsmith) to find accurate words to describe how I now feel about the reception of this series. Amazed is a good word to start with, followed by unbelievable, dumbfounded, excited and (especially) humbled. In the past four months over 30,000 people have downloaded Tucker’s Way!
Besides looking at the numbers, it is espcially touching to read the reviews people post on Amazon.com after reading my books. I thought I would share some of the reviews with you.
- “One of the most touching stories I have read…the characters are so real you just want to climb into their lives…” – Karla
- “Achieving the ways and thoughts of the characters in this novel with great accuracy and maintaining the storyline to show the feelings of those characters was fabulous.” – Dottiek
- “This book was amazing in so many was , it touched my heart to see two women who had suffered different abuse come together.” – Vee
- There are not enough words to give this story justice. An amazing tale of what some of us have to endure just to live our lives. Tucker is a worthy example of how the human spirit can survive despite horrible circumstances!” – Windy
- “One of the best books I’ve read all year. The story was so incredible I couldn’t put it down. I found myself looking forward to a sequel before I even finished the book. I fell in love with Tucker. I won’t give away any the part of the storyline except to say that if you’ve ever felt true pain, felt less than and need to know there is hope – this is something you have to read. Bravo!” – Judith
- “It should be made available to all schools and libraries as this is a truly a great book. David Johnson is a great writer, I could feel the the life of Tucker as I read each line of the story. I will pass this book to my grand daughter for summer reading perhaps l will buy copies of this book for the school. I live in a very small town just a few hundred people, this book could have been written for us. I see myself in this book,Tucker’s Way is real life. Wonderful book” – Charlie
- “This book is short but it contains a lifetime of inspiration and life lessons. Tucker reminds me of my grandmother,stern but loving and having the ability to do much with nothing. This book will leave you with a lot to think about and open your eyes to what you can do with little but a lot of faith. It is a book worth reading.” – Dorothy
- “Good stories are so hard to find and this is exceptional. Tucker is a human being with many flaws (freely admitted) and a great heart. Her friendship with Ella is something unexpected for each of them but exactly what each needed to open their hearts and become family. Couldn’t wait to read the next one.” – Judith
- “In “Tucker’s Way”, David Johnson introduced us to it’s characters discovery of trust and self worth. In “For Tucker”, he artfully expands on the depth of its characters as they learn the value of faith in themselves, the faithfulness of others and faith that just can and will prevail, sometimes under the most unexpected circumstances. Once again Mr. Johnson does a beautiful job of endearing us to Tucker and empowers us with Ella’s strength and new found tenacity. Only complaint is that it wasn’t long enough – I wanted more. Bravo!”
- “This is the best feel good book series that I have read in a while. Agrees wholeheartedly with another reviewer that the bond between these two women is amazing. The ability to overcome the odds against them and to become such strong friends is something that I think we would all wish for. Thank you David Johnson for creating these two strong women.” – Beverly
- “Vivid character descriptions made each character come alive. An easy read that leaves you feeling good. This will be one I re-read time and again.” – Lisa
- “This book is captivating,it’s intense,and you won’t stop reading.” Leanne
- “I loved this third “Tucker” book. It took me on a journey, and I have learned much. A journey of life, love, laughter and tears. Most of all a journey of hope, peace and forgiveness. I say this having lost a beautiful 8 year old grand daughter to a drugged driver, I learned about “why”, about forgiveness, and found a measure of peace. Though I have been a Christian many years, I have never heard things put quite so simple, quite so understandable. I have read many books written by pastors, but none have rang as true as this one. Not that they were not true, they were not so full of life, believable. David is a master of words. I want to thank him for writing these books. I found hope, that I have not had in a long time. These books are a must read for everyone. My wish is others will find truth in these books too. I stayed up most of the night reading this page turner. I just had to find out how it ended! I really enjoyed every page. Thank you David, for your gift of writing, and your knack to tell a good “yarn”. I am so looking forward to the next book in this series.” – Carmen
- “What a beautifully written story. The author’s ability to address the topic of death, dying and forgiveness with reverence, faith,and compassion. Thank you for another.wonderful read.”
- “I could not have asked for a better book to read, it had me waiting with baited breath for each and every page until the end.” – Vee
- “This one of the best inspirational series I have read. It offers hope, love, and how God works in our lives, even when we don’t deserve it.” – B.Morgan
- “Having just finished the third book in this series I have to share that it’s been a while since I have read anything that moved me so much. I wasn’t able to stop reading and finished the three books in three days. The characters were alive and I shall miss them.” – Karen
If you haven’t started reading the Tucker series, now is a good time to start. You will find links to all of them on my website www.davidjohnsonbooks.com.